Thread: confused......

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I'm still really new to my FD4 and homerecording in general. At the moment I use the recorder so basically at the moment.

Take it this way, tracks 1&2, electro-acoustic guitar through Korg G2 effects unit. Track 3, vocals. Track 4, possibly some solo stuff.

The thing that confused me was, while listening through a new song at the weekend I decided I would re-record the vocals. So, my thoughts were that if I just plugged into track 3 when I recorded the original vocals would be overwritten. That wasn't what happened at all, instead I ended up with the original and new vocals there together. I'm not complaining, it now sounds really good. I'm just confused as to how/why this happened.

Can anyone offer me any answers?

Thanks
    The FD-4 is really strange that way. I have to admit I was somewhat confused at this too when I got mine. If you want to re-record something on a track, you must erase what is already there, otherwise you will get double of whatever it is you are recording (which in some cases that can be a good thing as you found out.) You must set auto punch in/out points that you want to erase then you will be able to record fresh. They explain this in the manual, but you have to do it a few times to get the feel of it. Let me know if you have anymore questions or discover something new...I'm open ears.

Silk

Thread Information