Best storage for FD-8

Now, I own a FD-4, but I have been very happy with my Orb Drive. It works well and I can by cartridges for $25-40 that will store 2.2gb. That equals 6 1/2 hours of recording time divided by 8 tracks--still, close to an hour of recording. And that is at the Master 1 format. ADAC will give you beaucoup recording time. I think it beats Zip drives hands down.

Peace, Jim

Better? Hard to say better. The 4+ gig from Fostex is $250 installed. Now you can pickup a 6 gig 2.5" drive for about $200+. The same amount of cartridges for an Orb would cost $120 or less. That works out to be an extra 4 gig if you use the $80 saving towds more disks. I think after the initial investment, Orb will quickly pay for itself. And, if you know somone else with an FD-8 and an Orb drive, you just take a cartridge the size of a CD to their machine. What, they have no Orb Drive? Then you car a drive the size of a CD player to their place. Either way is easier than carting your entire FD-8 if everything is stuch on a hard drive.

Peace, Jim

[This message has been edited by Jim Marquard (edited 03-23-2000).]

Back