Using the Channel Strips presets

Olijanovi

Anyone here uses the channel strips presets for your tracks? The other day I discovered those... and compared them to what I did... they were so much better. Am I lazy or are they good?

They're just like any preset you'd find in a plugin, except they contain presets for multiple plugins. Treat them like you do any preset; try them out as a starting point, and tweak until you get what you are looking for.

I almost never use presets. I wouldn't say you are lazy because the presets sound better... Just inexperienced maybe...

Eq and compressor presets are like someone else's route from home to work. It's unlikely that you'll get to your house to your workplace using their directions, but you may end up at some other cool place you didn't expect.

If you want to end up at a particular destination you have to create your own route that accounts for your origin and desired end point.

Hey Olijanovi,

Yes, I'm the Content Manager at WaaSoundLab (and proud to say!). We produce Logic Pro templates in many genres, which is very interesting and educational to know how a pro puts a track together, and a good starting point to produce your own music.

To come back to the Channel strip settings, they are configured according to the genres of music and tracks, with guts and gusto, so we think they are not useless and that they can, on the one hand give good ideas to the users and on the other hand, that they represent an opportunity to save time in the production process.

Lastly, as usual, it all depends on the way one conceives the production, and on this point, I agree with Bouldersoundguy's image.

Hope it helps!

Back