a tip to save time when freezing

TerraMortim

It's a bug that actually works in the user's favor maybe?

When you're freezing if you press command + period, the shortcut key to cancel the freezing, it will still keep the freeze file. So for instance, if you have something in the intro of your song only and you want to freeze it, you can wait untill the position pointer gets past it and press that key combination instead of waiting for it to go through the entire track with silence...or you could just sit there and wait too. haha

It does a quick render of the track, and takes the effects and/or VIs offline, with one button... then to take it off, you just clilck it again and it's back. In logic you to to the menu above the left panel with all the shit to edit regions and stuff, in the arrange page, I believe it's something like view/track freeze buttons. They will be the buttons with the * on them. Try it, it allows for SOOOO many more tracks (I can get up to almost 50 - 60 sometimes on my G5, depending on a few factors.)

Make sure you keep your audio drive defragmented somewhat on a regular basis, as this very severely increases your track count when working with freeze files or purely audio tracks.

Back