Sending track output to bus problem

TheLemonAid

Hello all,

I have encountered a problem with panning after sending the output of a track to a bus in Logic. It's strange, because I've done so in previous projects without problems and now it is there for a reason I cannot seem to find.

The Problem:

A recorded guitar track goes through EQ, Compressor etc., certain dB is sent to auxiliary tracks for reverb and what not and finally the output of that track is sent to a "Guitar Master" bus I made, so I can have a bus for all the guitar tracks, I also sent the guitar reverb auxiliary tracks' output to that Guitar Master bus (The output of the guitar master bus, is sent to the main Output). However , if I try to pan the guitar track there is not a single difference. It only works if I pan the guitar master bus, but I don't want that as I want the separate guitars panned differently.

What does fix the issue is if I just send the guitar track to the main out. But on the internet I found that it is good to assemble separate guitar tracks in a master bus, before sending them to the main out.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers!

I think either your guitar master bus is mono and/or the plugins on the bus are mono. Click the little button below the level meter on the bus to switch it to stereo. Then you'll probably have to click and hold on each plugin slot and switch each plugin to stereo. Let me know if this fixes the problem.

Hey gang. Something to keep in the back of your mind as well (if you didn't already find it) is that the aux sends in Logic can be sent 'post pan' to the effects/combining buss. By default the aux sends are pre-pan so any instruments you have on the extremes won't have their bussed image in the same place. Just click on the aux send options and you will find post-pan up the top.
NOTE: This option is still post-fader.

Dags

Back