Sample Editor problem

murf214@

When I try to open the sample editor by double tapping an audio file some files it won't let me open. It keeps opening the previous one I edited. Whenever this happens I can still open other audio files by double tapping just not certain ones. I can still open the audio file if I do it in the Audio Bin window. Am I doing something wrong or is my Mac possessed?

This is a puzzling problem, and not one I have encountered before.

A long shot . . . is the file you are trying to open one you've used elsewhere in the song, i.e. you've copied and pasted from somewhere else? If so, this could be the reason . . . when you copy and paste an audio file, it doesn't create a new copy . . . it points to the same file.

So . . . if you've just gone into it to do something, then you go into it again where it appears later in the song, you are actually going in to the same file.

Is that a possibility?

If not, I can't help.

That problem has mysteriously disappeared. The file that I could not open was a copied file but I have since deleated and I'm not having the problem now. Maybe that was the cause. Thanks.

I think I ran into that problem once about a year ago, but like it did for you, it just kind of went away on its own after awhile. Damn gremlins!

Back