logic 'not for resale' copy

tojo

my friend can get a "not for resale" version of logic on his mac for free from the store he works at.

is that legit?

the full out logic studio i think hahaha

but i don't want the jam packs. i think i just want logic, soundtrack pro 2, maybe mainstage, waveburner, and the instruments and efx.

i still have a hard time believeing you get all that for only $500.

that would make you a pirate... fwiw... those are given to stores so they can demo the thing... if you were to do so you wont ever beable to upgrade even minor fixes...

don't know acronyms, can you fill me in on fwiw?

also i don't think that it would be pirating because the store allows the person to install it.

edit - oops - posted to wrong thread.

But as long as I'm here, you should read the small print on the license to see what types of use are allowed and what types are not allowed.

Last edited:
i'm kinda going to have to disagree with you guys, because the store is allowed to let the employees use the software.

you may just think i'm in denial.

if the store has licensing for that, the i guess it's legit..
If they just have a copy and are letting employees take it home and install it...that's not legit. It isn't up to the store even if the store owns that copy - it's up to Apple, and I'd be willing to bet that Apple will call it pirating. Argh!

Either way, have fun with it. It's a great program.

well the store has an actual copy of it and they have the serial and everything, so it's good. :)

it's not like my music would ever sell...

i have an actual copy and a serial number because I own Logic. That doesnt mean I can give it to everyone here at HR so they can use it. The store needs a multiple-user liscense from Apple.

but really, you're getting a pretty crazy set up for free and I am jealous

i bought logic express it's awesome? (well it was a christmas present)

yay logic!

awesome!

woo!

ha,

You can get it for peanuts on a student licence quite easily anyway so we should probably tread with caution around endorsing any non-legal activity folks. ;)

Back