Logic is fun

lucky13

Hey There! First of all, big ups to Dragon for hooking this up. I just got Logic Express 7.2 about a week ago. I'm teaching myself how to use it from the Apple Pro Training Series book. Logic seems to be an extremely powerful program. As I said i'm new to it, so does anybody have any tips or tricks to help with the learning curve or to make working with Logic a little easier?

You might want to buy Sitter's DVDs as well. I, too, have LE 7.2.3, it is a very powerful program. Right now, I use it mostly as a sequencer synced to my VS2000CD. When I have the dineri, I'll get a FW interface, and then I'll have the best of both worlds.

Hey There! First of all, big ups to Dragon for hooking this up. I just got Logic Express 7.2 about a week ago. I'm teaching myself how to use it from the Apple Pro Training Series book. Logic seems to be an extremely powerful program. As I said i'm new to it, so does anybody have any tips or tricks to help with the learning curve or to make working with Logic a little easier?

Customize the keyboard shortcuts, and know them so well you can execute them in your sleep.

Customize the keyboard shortcuts, and know them so well you can execute them in your sleep.

That's going to be one of the more difficult things. I find myself just doing Pro Tools key commands without even thinking about it. It just takes time I guess.

you can change the key commands to pro tools ones if you want...all the key commands can be changed to anything you wish if you go to the logic menu, preferences, and then key commands. There are even some functions that don't have any key commands assigned (such as going through presets in plugins). you can even re-assign key commands to midi messages or whatever. =D

Back