Logic Express 7 Problem

Zona Mona

So I installed LE7 on my MBP today and since I can no longer use my PCMCIA card for recording, I was just going to use the built in stuff until I can get a suitable recording interface for the MBP

However, whenever I open up LE7, I am not able to ready any tracks for recording, because it says there is no input device.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

p.s. I know LE7 is not universal, but I am planning on buying the upgrade to 8 pretty soon, it's just that I kinda gotta pay the rent right now

So I installed LE7 on my MBP today and since I can no longer use my PCMCIA card for recording, I was just going to use the built in stuff until I can get a suitable recording interface for the MBP

However, whenever I open up LE7, I am not able to ready any tracks for recording, because it says there is no input device.

Have you reset the audio device in your preferences? Go to Logic Express > Preferences, then click Audio, and click the Devices tab. You should see Built-in Audio there. Choose that, and you should be good.

I say all this not knowing how well Logic runs in Rosetta. It might be that it just won't work. 7.2 was the first universal version, but yeah, 8 is probably the way to go once you can afford it.

Just for trouble shooting purposes, you could go to Applications->Utilities->Audio/MIDI setup (I think that's it) and see if it shows up there. If it does, you could try and create a "composite device" (from the menus), include it, and then see if the composite device shows up in LE7.

I guess it would be tough to justify shelling out the $ for LE8 when you're not sure if it'll work either. I have to say, though, that LE8 is a *lot* easier for me to use than LE7 was.

Back