Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Garageband 10

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    You might also consider Reaper. It's free to try out, and a non-commercial license is $60-70 last I checked.

Thanks

Garageband Drummer

New member. Often I lay down a guitar and bass track without using the metronome. When I then lay in the "drummer" track it is clearly no synced with the instrument tracks. I tried to check "follow" iand selected one of the instrument tracks but it does not work. Am I forced to use the metronome from the very beginning in order to have the drummer track in sync?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 907 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MZAP View Post
    New member. Often I lay down a guitar and bass track without using the metronome. When I then lay in the "drummer" track it is clearly no synced with the instrument tracks. I tried to check "follow" iand selected one of the instrument tracks but it does not work. Am I forced to use the metronome from the very beginning in order to have the drummer track in sync?

Any suggestions would be appreciated
    I don't know about Garageband but in other DAWs I know it's possible to manually map out tempo changes to make your grid (and therefore drum patterns) follow an existing recording.
    It's also possible to come at it the other way and use time stretch tools to make your audio comply with a tempo.
    I'd be surprised if garageband offers that, though.

If possible it's much easier to just establish a tempo from the start and record to a click or, better yet, arrange your drums first and record your audio with them as your reference.
    I understand sometimes songs have tempo changes etc but even working that out in advance and mapping those changes is a much easier approach, in my opinion.

It'll also force you to consider the arrangement and have your foundation mapped out and understood before recording a bunch of stuff which is usually no bad thing.
    It might ruin your working method if you're experimental or creating on the fly or whatever...Just a suggestion.
    ---------- Steenaudio Website ----------

Thread Information