Finding the right Emagic Logic version

exitspeed

In the mid-late 1990s I used Emagic Logic as my composing/sequencing platform. All I have left from that period is an archive of .lso files (on floppy discs) and the serial port dongle (see attached). I would like to restore these sequences and I'm hoping someone here can direct me to a suitable version of Logic. I've done some research and it appears that Logic after Apple stopped supporting .lso around ver7.

I know that I was using the software in 1998 and I did not buy my first mac until 2000. What's scaring me is that I can remember so little about it. My best guess is that it was a pc version, somewhere around ver3, and could run in an early Windows OS because before that I was using Voyetra in DOS on an IBM PS/2 (terrific btw).

So, given this info and my dementia, what version of Logic can I look for and what will I need to run it assuming it cannot be installed in a modern pc. Thanks in advance.

yeoledongle.jpg

I figured it out. The files I have are from v2.5. which ran on W95. I'll have to find a version of 7.2 or older to be able to load the .lso files and convert/export them. Thanks

Back