Eqing sounds pants going into Waveburner

Elementmetal

Hi all

I'm a noob here so please bear with me.

Been recording/mixing my tune using Logic Pro 8. All sounded great. Bounced the project, then opened in Waveburner.

When i opened in WaveBurner, all the EQing i had done has almost completely dissapeared. Before it sounded nice and bright then it just sounded dull etc.

Does it sound like something classic wrong i've done with the EQ or just that my mixing is $hite?

When EQing i had a little on each drum/guitar etc, but also, i send all individual drums to a drum bus, all guitars to 1 guitar bus and eq'd those bus's slightly also which gave a great sound.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Adam

When you made the bounce, are you bouncing the original tracks or the bus? The "bounce" function in Logic pulls the selected track(s) into the new file. One of two things may be happening:

1. If you have the individual drum or guitar tracks selected, the bounce is pulling those tracks, but not the busses that you so carefully eq'd.

2. If you have both the individual and the busses selected, you get a mush of the original track signal and the carefully eq'd bus.

If you have only the bus selected when you perform your bounce, all of the plugin effects (including eq) should be included in the produced file.

Back