Effects Question...

The new forum will see a flood of stupid questions that I was too afraid to ask at Sonikmatter's faggoty Logic Audio forum.

I had no help with learning this program, so I know what I know because I just happened to stumble across it more than once. To make matters worse, I'm running 4.7. :o

1. How do I permanently apply an effect to an audio track? I want to be able to move tracks around without having to open the effect in the mixer and dial it in to the same settings on the new channel.

Isn't there a bounce button on the main out/master track? You'd have to basically mute all the other channels then print your effects and save the result. Later versions of logic have an automated freeze function to make this easier.

The new forum will see a flood of stupid questions that I was too afraid to ask at Sonikmatter's faggoty Logic Audio forum.

I had no help with learning this program, so I know what I know because I just happened to stumble across it more than once. To make matters worse, I'm running 4.7. :o

1. How do I permanently apply an effect to an audio track? I want to be able to move tracks around without having to open the effect in the mixer and dial it in to the same settings on the new channel.

I seem to remember from a post in the Cave that you work at a school. That should qualifiy you for Apples education discount. You can buy Logic Express 7.2 for $150 or Logic Pro for $500.

I seem to remember from a post in the Cave that you work at a school. That should qualifiy you for Apples education discount. You can buy Logic Express 7.2 for $150 or Logic Pro for $500.

The University I work at has a broadcasting program. Our I & IT department copies any program used on campus for home use, so I have a copy of Office at home in case I need to do some work at home. I could get a copy of a more recent version of Logic but I don't use a Mac, and the program is no longer compatible with a PC.

Man I barely remember 4.*

Not a fan of Sonikmatter EZ? hahaha Did Clif bust yer balls?

If I recall you can monitor with fx but it requires a work around. I think you have to bounce it to a new track - ie put the fx on that you want, arm a separate track - and "record" it to that.

Man I barely remember 4.*

If I recall you can monitor with fx but it requires a work around. To print an effect I think you have to bounce it to a new track - ie put the fx on that you want, arm a separate track - and "record" it to that.

Nah, after browsing the forum for awhile like a good little noob, I was too scared to actually post anything.

If I recall you can monitor with fx but it requires a work around. I think you have to bounce it to a new track - ie put the fx on that you want, arm a separate track - and "record" it to that.

I'll need to figure out how to do that. I have a funky setup that includes a digital mixer, so my routing is not typical.

Thanks though.

It has been so long since I used V4 - that was when Logic was still owned by Emagic! :D

I think the way I used to do it was to mute all the other tracks and record the mix (of the track you want with effects) to disc. I can't recall if is there a 'bounce' option in V4.

I'll need to figure out how to do that. I have a funky setup that includes a digital mixer, so my routing is not typical.

You might need to route the effected audio out one pair of channels of your hardware mixer then bring them back in to your main ins.

Dags

There are a number of ways of doing this. Here are a couple of suggestions:

1 Mute all tracks except the one that you are working with. Hit the 'bounce' button (bottom right of output track). This will create a new track (with rendered effects) which you can then load in and use instead of the one you are working with.

2 If you are using the ISIS sound card that came with earlier versions of Logic, you can call up the ISIS console, set input tracks 7 & 8 to SPDIF. You also need to bridge the SPDIF in and out on the breakout box (RCA to RCA). Go back into Logic, mute all tracks except the one you are working with, set the input of a new track to 7 or 8 (or both), and hit record.

Back