Drum sequencing recommendation on Mac

noiseordinance

Hey there. I'm switching to Mac for my DAW needs. Previously I've used Fruity Loops on Windows and with that, I can sequence drum sounds from my library and import them into my multitracking software, each with their own channel for individual eq, reverb, etc. Messing with Logic, I see that there's Ultrabeat, but I find it to be extremely limited for my purposes. It's easy to make loops and such, but it's challenging to single out individual drum channels and modify the effects. I also noticed you can't pull loops back into Ultrabeat... it's like a one way street. Anyways, can anyone make any recommendations for a drum sampling software for Mac that has similar features as Fruity Loops?

Hmmm.. I am a bit disappointed with ultrabeat myself. was trying to output just snare (snare out to ch 3-4) to its own bus so that i could put verb just on the snare. It would not work.

I don't work much with loops but have you tried REASON?

Reason seconded. You can get Reason essentials for cheap and you'd get ReDrum which is probably quite close to Fruity Loops and you can ReWire the whole DAW to be basically a rack of inserts in your main recording program, or just use the new version of Reason which has recording & midi & the lot.

Back