Difference

mikerestricted

Can someone tell me what the difference between Logic 8 Express and Logic 8 Full Studio is? Apples site doesnt let me know and I couldnt find reviews.

I'm using a firepod as an interface and I don't like Cubase LE as my option and I don't have $400 to spend, maybe $200. Right when you need good software torrents all you can find is Cakewalk products I cant use with a macbook.

thanks.

I'm not totally sure about logic itself, since I haven't used express, but I know with pro 8 you get all the other extras, like soundtrack pro, mainstage and all the jampacks and stuff.

any response is always a good one, thanks. that might be the difference, along with a few others. I can get express installed in my laptop before I get it for like $179, it's a whole gig of RAM itself though. not many other programs are, I think.

I picked up LE 8 a few weeks ago to record my band. I'm pretty happy with it for that purpose. Seems like a lot of capabilities for the price. Strangely, I like the Apple reverb AU plug better than the ones that came with LE.

With 7.2, Express is missing most of the instruments and samplers. It's also missing a few plug-ins. I love Logic Express! It does everything I need it to do, aside from the steep learning curve I'm happy I switched from Pro Tools. Logic Studio 8 takes up about 40 GB, I don't even have enough space to run it.

With 7.2, Express is missing most of the instruments and samplers. It's also missing a few plug-ins. I love Logic Express! It does everything I need it to do, aside from the steep learning curve I'm happy I switched from Pro Tools. Logic Studio 8 takes up about 40 GB, I don't even have enough space to run it.

I'm getting the macbook with 2GB(160 or better HD) strictly for recording, I found out that there arent any good torrents(suprising) for DP or Cubase SL so I'm gonna find out how my Pod works with Cubase LE and decide from there what to do.

I got a macbook with 2 gigs for recording - started with Garage Band, went to LE7, and now I'm at LE8 - it's very good. There are fewer differences between LE8 and LS8 than there were between LE7 and LP7 - LE8 doesn't do surround sound, and doesn't come with the "jam packs" - those were the only two differences that registered with me.

I got a macbook with 2 gigs for recording - started with Garage Band, went to LE7, and now I'm at LE8 - it's very good. There are fewer differences between LE8 and LS8 than there were between LE7 and LP7 - LE8 doesn't do surround sound, and doesn't come with the "jam packs" - those were the only two differences that registered with me.

thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I can always download it on apple.com for $200 or whatever.

LE8 does not have Spacedesigner or Delaydesigner included, and a lot less presets for the plugins... I have not missed any presets yet, although I really wanna get the convolution effects going before too long....

I like the compression effect, and there is also a really nice Amp Sim and some wonderful EQ options as well... I am running on 2GB of RAM right now, and so far soo good :D

Back