Changing the tempo in Logic Pro X without affecting the Audio Regions!

Captain Whisky

Hey guys,

I’m having an issue with Logic Pro X, I have a session recorded with a few tracks and now I want to set up a drum track and set a tempo that I’m happy with. However, as soon as I adjust the tempo it changes the speed of the already recorded audio regions. How do I prevent it from doing this? It's very frustrating! I’ve been trying to figure it out for ages but cannot come up with a solution, I figured it would have something to do with flex time but it doesn’t appear to be. Surely you can turn this feature off somehow??

Thanks

If you change the tempo, don't you want the audio to change speed to stay in time with each tempo change?

Hey guys,

I’m having an issue with Logic Pro X, I have a session recorded with a few tracks and now I want to set up a drum track and set a tempo that I’m happy with. However, as soon as I adjust the tempo it changes the speed of the already recorded audio regions. How do I prevent it from doing this? It's very frustrating! I’ve been trying to figure it out for ages but cannot come up with a solution, I figured it would have something to do with flex time but it doesn’t appear to be. Surely you can turn this feature off somehow??

Thanks

I am working with Logic 9. By default, changing the tempo of a project does not affect the playing speed (I assume this is what you mean) of the audio. It only changes the position of the audio blocks in the timeline. Are you sure it is not midi you are working with? Maybe this is a specific setting in Logic?

Are these audio regions apple loops by chance? Most apple loops have tempo information built in which will adjust to match the tempo in the transport, even if it's a tempo change mid session. If they are apple loops, you could try going to the media browser area on the right that shows all the audio files in the project and exporting it to a new file named Whatever2.aiff/wav and telling it to update the link to the new file, which should strip the apple loop data from the file, or you could export the track or region in the arrange page as an audio file. Depends on what you're trying to do.

Back