View question

mjbphotos

Trying to help a friend of a friend out last night, he is new to recording in general.

In his Reaper view, the track controls are not on the left side - only at the bottom ('mixer view'). I could not see anything in his settings different than mine (we were using Zoom screen share). Need to access that, as there is no place to change the track input in the mixer view track controls, and he's trying to select his MIDI keyboard.
Before I start pouring through the manual, any ideas?

Has he somehow moved the waveform window to the left. That will cover up the track selectors. Try grabbing the left side of the screen and dragging it to the right.

If he's using the default theme for Reaper 6, it hides a lot of the track controls in the track window by default. You can play around in the theme editor, or see if choosing one of the legacy themes does the trick.

I had to change away from the version 6 default theme because I couldn't find any of the familiar controls and it was driving me nuts!

Probably the quickest way to fix it is simply to invoke Reaper using the 'Reset configuration to factory settings' start up.

Back