[SOLVED] Uh...

D

danny.guitar

Why is it showing 2 separate takes on the same track? I don't want them both to be visible, only the active take. It is showing one on top of the other.

wtf.gif

I think youll just have to delete the take if you dont want to see it

that will happen when you record 2 or more takes on the same track, and whichever one you set active will be the one you will hear on playback. The other takes will be muted.

its useful to hear the different takes on the fly, and if you start making sections within the track, you can make it to where reaper will play whichever take you specify within that section.

say... you record 2 takes on the same track and you like the second take you did better, but there is some mess ups along from 2 min to 2 min 10 sec, and the first take did that portion perfectly. just create a section in that time frame and activate the first take in that section. Reaper will play the second take and switch over to the first take at 2 min then switch back to the first take at 2 min 10 sec...

hope that makes sense. im tired.

Yeah I can see how that would be useful to most people. Kind of threw a wrench in the works though, I'm used to the old way.

Oh well, thanks.

hit control L itll toggle single take vs lanes view

split all you like, the lit up take is the one that plays

you will LOVE this feature when you are comping vocals

Back