Track meters in Reaper

Armistice

Son of Yoda
Howdy...

Any way that anyone knows to get an individual track meter a bit larger than the tiny thing that appears on each track bar?

Obviously if I want to solo a single track I can look on the master meter, but there are times when I think it'd be useful, with everything playing, to have a larger view of a single track...

I'm trying to fast track the balance and volume automation of lots of multi-part harmony tracks, and obviously while I'd make final decisions by listening, I'm thinking I can speed the process up by getting a good starting point via the meters. It's taking me forever at the moment..

Cheers

Hi Armi,
Have you looked at Options>layouts>track panel ?
it depends on what theme you're using I suppose but there are options available! :thumbs up:

Not sure you can do it for 1 meter, but you should be able to get all the track meters larger at one time.

Arm,
I usually stretch my vertical track meters. However, I seem to recall that the horizontal, individual track meters can be stretched by getting the double-headed arrow to the right of the track's control panel, click and drag right.

Depends on the skin you use I suppose, with my skin I can changed individual track layouts as I want them. :thumbs up:

1.JPG

2.JPG

Isn't it just. I've been using it since the first release and it runs as good as it looks. Just awesome.

God, I've barely looked at skins and layouts... guess I'll go have a dive in - seems like there's some useful things there... ;)

There is a way to make an individual track bigger in the side panel (can't remember what that's called), as opposed to the mixer panel at the bottom. I think if you double click on the track meter somewhere, it will get bigger.

RAMI is right. Right click the track>>>Set Track layout>>>Track Panel>>>Big Meter :thumbs up:

The same action for Mixer View but Mixer Panel in place of track panel. It's been so long since I've used/seen the default Reaper skin I forget that it has all those options.

1a.JPG

RAMI is right.

Cool. Whoda thunk? :eek:

The only reason I knew you can enlarge a single track is because every time I've done it, it was by accident, and the first few times, it took me 15 minutes to find where to double-click to get it back to normal size.

It;s good to know you can get there by right-clicking, too. I didn't know that. Thanx. :cool:

Back