Track bleed

mcmac74

I have recorded a low key acoustic track to a drum backing in Mt Drummer. Strangely, although muted, I can hear a very irritating low level drum in the background, even when rendered. I used closed ear cups to record, there are no send or recieve buses so no idea why this is coming through..i can obviously delete the drum track but don't want to in case I want to go back and rerecord parts to the beat...any ideas?

Mark

Last edited:
You don't need to delete the drum track(s) - just mute them.

Is the 'low level' drum actually recorded on the guitar track?

You don't need to delete the drum track(s) - just mute them.

Is the 'low level' drum actually recorded on the guitar track?

As mentioned in OP, it has been muted. I've gone through each track individually and you can even hear it on a section of guitar that was recorded line in. It is a little more prominent on the acoustic tracks so perhaps there's more bleed from the phones than I've noticed before...doesn't explain its presence on the line recorded track though ?

Then the drums bled into the track when recording, and since they are on the guitar track when you used a line-in, it has to be from your Focusrite if you have checked your Focusrite input/output router software..

Then the drums bled into the track when recording, and since they are on the guitar track when you used a line-in, it has to be from your Focusrite if you have checked your Focusrite input/output router software..

I couldn't figure the issue and ended up recording the part again....no issues this time. Ghost in the machine obviously!

Cheers

Back