Scan for plugins crashes reaper every time

TaylorEGO

I'm trying this program out on my laptop as a potential mobile recording option, I only have a few plugins loaded on this machine since it isnt my primary recording computer...
Reaper installed and opens up fine, everyhting seems to work, but when i try to add any fx, it says scanning for directX plugins and crashes... so far, 10 out of 10 times.

any ideas what is causing this and if there is a way to fix it?

I get something similar when I try to load Pantheon reverb. It says something like not authorized and crashes. I didn't have Reaper on the machine when I installed that plugin.

There are a few plugins that will knock it out, and so far no response from their developers. Both pantheon and sonar's version of the DX version of ultrafunk reverb can make trouble.

You can disable dx plugin scanning in prefs, and honestly, as a DX only person since getting on the PC, the VST system has finally matured to a potential level of stability, I dont bother with the DX plugs any longer

thanks,
now I can get it to add or remove plugins i just cant use directX...
I'm not sure how happy I am about that, but at least it's working now.

so far I dont know how much I like it,
I'm coming from using Vegas and Acid, so its pretty different, I'm gonna let myself get used to it before I decide.

thanks,
now I can get it to add or remove plugins i just cant use directX...
I'm not sure how happy I am about that, but at least it's working now.

so far I dont know how much I like it,
I'm coming from using Vegas and Acid, so its pretty different, I'm gonna let myself get used to it before I decide.

Weird, coming from vegas you should love it

We're all vegas nuts. One of my biggest peeves i vegas was not being able to show the grid without snapping, and to change tempos in a song which reaper can do, also the routing fixes all the vegas routing mishaps.

DX works fine in reaper as long as theyre actual DX spec'd plugins and not proprietary ones

Back