Reaper / Universal Control having drums track out to PA system, live jam recording?

AndreiR

Hi all! I have a question. I'm recording live jam with Presonus Studio 1810, Reaper on Mac OS x, Universal Control:
Trumpet/Voice - Mic 1
Guitar amp - Mic 2
Bass amp - Line 3
Drums - Track on Reaper or Drum machine into lines 5/6.
Out to PA system.

The question is: how do I rout the drums played from one of the Reaper's tracks to PA system and having other recording tracks muted? The room is small and we can hear each others' instruments without having them through the PA system, avoiding feedback. There are some settings in Universal Control and Reaper that I'm not quite sure about.

Please share your knowledge if you have similar setup and/or you know how this would work. Thank you!

Reaper will most likely by default send all your tracks to outputs 1 & 2 of the Presonus.

One way is to select a new hardware output on the i/o of the drum track (e.g. outputs 3 & 4 or 5 & 6), and, for the purposes of this exercise, connect these outputs to the PA instead of outputs 1 & 2.

Reaper will most likely by default send all your tracks to outputs 1 & 2 of the Presonus.

One way is to select a new hardware output on the i/o of the drum track (e.g. outputs 3 & 4 or 5 & 6), and, for the purposes of this exercise, connect these outputs to the PA instead of outputs 1 & 2.

Thanks gecko zzed! I'll try that.

Back