Reaper- Track Layout

CoolCat

I watched a video about Tracking, setting up levels to -18 etc....

The dude in the video showed how to go to TRACK, right click, TRACK LAYOUT and select TRACK PANEL...
then select BIG METER.

when I did this my selection list only has approx. 5 optional choices. (7 choices)
the dude in the video list of choices was huge.
My BIG METER shows only the BIG METER, while his in the video showed BIG METER and the "default" box with track name and info.

Troubleshooting on my own-
I noticed his version was much newer , so I updated my REAPER version to 6.11...(which cost me another $60 as my license was dead.(I was on 4..updated thru 5 I guess?). I bought Ver6. 64bit etc. Its even a newer version than the Dude in the video had/

Anyway did all the REAPER update version and reloaded my lost VST etc.. finally, went back to what I was doing now on version 6.11, and the TRACK LAYOUT options is still only 5 choices? No change ..wt#%$?

>Added picture of Choice List vs the dudes large choice list....also the Big Meter selection is different than my version?

small problems, but I hit a brickwall.

any ideas to try would be appreciated!
thanks!

Attachments

• REAPER TRACK LAYOUT.png
    REAPER TRACK LAYOUT.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 5
  • REAPER TRACK DUDE.png
    REAPER TRACK DUDE.png
    194.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
The options you get to see are determined by the theme you are using.

If you use the default v5 theme you will get more options.|

If you use the default V6 theme, you will get something different, because V6 theme is quite different in functionality than V5.

v5 is offering more. I don't see ver6?
Im on Windows 64, 6.11 version. ver 5 has more options, many more options.

thanks!
I wanted the Tracking "big meters" turned on during tracking...this will work. Curious about ver 6 though?

Attachments

• REAPER Track ver5 with Tracking Meters.png
    REAPER Track ver5 with Tracking Meters.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back