Reaper Looping???

Mickster

Ok....I'm sure this is me doing something stupid. Been using Reaper for many years now and I've never come across this issue. Let's say you're "cutting" a certain portion of an item on a single track. That leaves a highlighted area across all tracks right? The cut works fine.....but.......as soon as I begin replay and the marker gets to the ending (right side) position / marker of the highlighted area where I made the cut.......the marker jumps back to the beginning of the highlighted area and that area just loops constantly. If I "remove" the marker.....it stops looping and all is well. And.....if the cut area is very small......the replay stops and just stutters loudly until I remove the marker.

It's really no big deal.......but until now.......If I made a cut in an item on a track......the highlighted area never caused this problem.

As I said........this is me doing something wrong I'm sure.......and also......this is not important. Was just wondering. Maybe I could learn something I didn't know about reaper.

There's likely a "loop play" option on the transport controls that's activated. At least, that's how the other DAWs I use work. I would have to fire up my old XP machine to get more specific with Reaper, and then it would be an older version.

Where the transport bar is you will notice a button to the right of the red record button. It has a circular image on it. This is the repeat button, and if activated, will cause the play to loop a selected area.

There's likely a "loop play" option on the transport controls that's activated. At least, that's how the other DAWs I use work. I would have to fire up my old XP machine to get more specific with Reaper, and then it would be an older version.

There is. "r" is the shortcut to toggle it.

DUH.......thanks guys!! To top it off.......the looping button was lit up.........green........and I still missed it. Shows you how the human brain works. Looking for the obvious is tough. Spotting a small issue......well.......we can find lots of those right?

DUH.......thanks guys!! To top it off.......the looping button was lit up.........green........and I still missed it. Shows you how the human brain works. Looking for the obvious is tough. Spotting a small issue......well.......we can find lots of those right?

Depending on the theme, I feel like half of Reaper's transport icons make no sense at all!

"What the #*&%! is this recycle button for?!"

Depending on the theme, I feel like half of Reaper's transport icons make no sense at all!

"What the #*&%! is this recycle button for?!"

I think some of the theme creators get a bit carried away with cosmetics and forget about functionality. Reaper gets accused of looking dull and boring, and I kind of agree. But I use the dull and boring V4 default theme which is clean, unfussy and is immensely useable.

I think some of the theme creators get a bit carried away with cosmetics and forget about functionality. Reaper gets accused of looking dull and boring, and I kind of agree. But I use the dull and boring V4 default theme which is clean, unfussy and is immensely useable.

I'm on the "classic" theme, which I think was the default in v2. I like the contrast of the ugly color scheme.

Back