Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Reaper Looping???

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,036
    Thanks
    211
    Thanked 123 Times in 116 Posts
    Rep Power
    2383180

    Reaper Looping???

    Sign in to disable this ad
    Ok....I'm sure this is me doing something stupid. Been using Reaper for many years now and I've never come across this issue. Let's say you're "cutting" a certain portion of an item on a single track. That leaves a highlighted area across all tracks right? The cut works fine.....but.......as soon as I begin replay and the marker gets to the ending (right side) position / marker of the highlighted area where I made the cut.......the marker jumps back to the beginning of the highlighted area and that area just loops constantly. If I "remove" the marker.....it stops looping and all is well. And.....if the cut area is very small......the replay stops and just stutters loudly until I remove the marker.

    It's really no big deal.......but until now.......If I made a cut in an item on a track......the highlighted area never caused this problem.

    As I said........this is me doing something wrong I'm sure.......and also......this is not important. Was just wondering. Maybe I could learn something I didn't know about reaper.
    Just A Song Writer..........

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    7,847
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 498 Times in 461 Posts
    Rep Power
    14818761
    There's likely a "loop play" option on the transport controls that's activated. At least, that's how the other DAWs I use work. I would have to fire up my old XP machine to get more specific with Reaper, and then it would be an older version.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to bouldersoundguy For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ranelagh Tasmania
    Age
    68
    Posts
    7,874
    Thanks
    214
    Thanked 626 Times in 509 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474858
    Where the transport bar is you will notice a button to the right of the red record button. It has a circular image on it. This is the repeat button, and if activated, will cause the play to loop a selected area.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to gecko zzed For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,805
    Thanks
    436
    Thanked 387 Times in 378 Posts
    Rep Power
    19301284
    Quote Originally Posted by bouldersoundguy View Post
    There's likely a "loop play" option on the transport controls that's activated. At least, that's how the other DAWs I use work. I would have to fire up my old XP machine to get more specific with Reaper, and then it would be an older version.
    There is. "r" is the shortcut to toggle it.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,036
    Thanks
    211
    Thanked 123 Times in 116 Posts
    Rep Power
    2383180
    DUH.......thanks guys!! To top it off.......the looping button was lit up.........green........and I still missed it. Shows you how the human brain works. Looking for the obvious is tough. Spotting a small issue......well.......we can find lots of those right?
    Just A Song Writer..........

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,805
    Thanks
    436
    Thanked 387 Times in 378 Posts
    Rep Power
    19301284
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickster View Post
    DUH.......thanks guys!! To top it off.......the looping button was lit up.........green........and I still missed it. Shows you how the human brain works. Looking for the obvious is tough. Spotting a small issue......well.......we can find lots of those right?
    Depending on the theme, I feel like half of Reaper's transport icons make no sense at all!

    "What the #*&%! is this recycle button for?!"

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ranelagh Tasmania
    Age
    68
    Posts
    7,874
    Thanks
    214
    Thanked 626 Times in 509 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474858
    Quote Originally Posted by VomitHatSteve View Post
    Depending on the theme, I feel like half of Reaper's transport icons make no sense at all!

    "What the #*&%! is this recycle button for?!"
    I think some of the theme creators get a bit carried away with cosmetics and forget about functionality. Reaper gets accused of looking dull and boring, and I kind of agree. But I use the dull and boring V4 default theme which is clean, unfussy and is immensely useable.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to gecko zzed For This Useful Post:


  11. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,805
    Thanks
    436
    Thanked 387 Times in 378 Posts
    Rep Power
    19301284
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko zzed View Post
    I think some of the theme creators get a bit carried away with cosmetics and forget about functionality. Reaper gets accused of looking dull and boring, and I kind of agree. But I use the dull and boring V4 default theme which is clean, unfussy and is immensely useable.
    I'm on the "classic" theme, which I think was the default in v2. I like the contrast of the ugly color scheme.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-14-2017, 07:24
  2. Logic Pro X vs Pro Tools Vs Reaper (how is the reaper engine sound)
    By delirium trigge in forum Recording Techniques
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-13-2016, 10:28
  3. Looping
    By Metroman47 in forum Mastering
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-15-2015, 07:25
  4. REAPER v3.13 - 50 ways to... upgrade your REAPER
    By d.bop in forum Don't Fear The Reaper
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2009, 07:16
  5. Looping
    By imalion in forum Cakewalk / Sonar Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2002, 09:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •