Reaper with Focusrite or Steinberg or some other option?

Navin Advani

Hi,

I have absolutely no experience in Audio Interfaces or DAWs.

I am using a Windows 10 PC (i7 8GB RAM) and am looking for a USB Audio Interface with 4 preamp inputs (2 guitars, 2 mics) and zeroed down to the Steinberg UR44 and Focusrite 8i18 (no I am not trolling nor do I intend to).

I was told that the DAWs that come packaged with Focusrite or Steinberg are quite elementary and that Reaper is "THE DAW" to get for both ease of use as well as function ability. Which of these (or would you guys recommend another Interface like PreSonus) Interfaces would work best with Reaper?

Thank you

Both interfaces will work perfectly with REAPER. Both have good drivers and both companies supply driver updates for a long time. Personally, I'd prefer the Focusrite, but I'm on a Mac. If I would use Windows, I might be inclined to choose Steinberg.

As for the choice of DAW, I use REAPER. It's probably the fastest and most flexible, but it's not the easiest to learn because of a lot of features. And some heavy MIDI users might prefer Cubase.

That gives another point to Steinberg, because they supply a light version of Cubase with their interfaces.

Reaper does have a learning curve, but there is extensive support - the huge manual, the forums on their site, here, and youtube videos.

Both interfaces will work perfectly with REAPER.. If I would use Windows, I might be inclined to choose Steinberg.

As for the choice of DAW, I use REAPER... That gives another point to Steinberg, because they supply a light version of Cubase with their interfaces.

Reaper does have a learning curve, but there is extensive support - the huge manual, the forums on their site, here, and youtube videos.

Thanks guys, bought the Steinberg UR44 last night.

Back