The Reaper Cockos Effects Summary Guide

I use ReaComp all the time, mildly, where I find it very transparent.
ReaEQ is my usual EQ plug-in, with its spectral graphic interface and ability to add multi bands.
ReaVerb is my usual reverb plug-in, I have a file of 500+ IRs to use with it.
I use ReTune often on my vocals, again, 'mildly', with an attacktime at least 175 ms, it is very transparent and not unnatural, as I find Melodyne can sometimes be.
I used ReaPitch a couple of times this past week - I was adding a piano part to a recording where the person was using a capo on her guitar and that had bumped the tuning up 20 cents from natural pitch. And then yesterday I used to add a subtle (wet around 75%) octave to a bass part that I felt did not have enough high end to it.

Ditto on the ReaComp, ReaEQ and ReaVerb.. I'm using them just a little here and there. I haven't tried ReaTune or ReaPitch, but am going to experiment with ReaPitch on a vocal track soon, then on a bass to see what I can do to the low end.

I tried ReaPitch on vocals to create a 'harmony', did not sound good at all, that's where Melodyne shines.

I tried ReaPitch on vocals to create a 'harmony', did not sound good at all, that's where Melodyne shines.

I use ReaVoice to create harmonies, then use ReaPitch to change the formant so that they don't sound like chipmunks.

I have used ReaPitch to create limited harmonies, and again used its formant shift to make them sound human.

Last edited:
Back