Punch and Roll

DaleVO

Poor Farm Productions
I have been doing punch-n-roll recording (with pre-roll) for the pick ups in my VO recordings. My process gets the job done. However, I am curious about how others are accomplishing this feat, seeking to grabs a few tips or tricks.

What is your process for punch-ins, using Reaper?

Thanks in advance.
Dale

Record on a new track, join in where you need to. Blend the two tracks together at the crossovers.

Mr. C,
Thanks for the response.
Are you setting up the new track to begin recording at a time stamp, or are you playing along with the original as a backing track, then blending?
Thanks.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mr Clean again.

Last edited:
Just use a locator region and auto-punch. Bam. Done.

Greg,
I appreciate you taking the time to reply too.
Your response has me going back to re-read the manual about "auto-punch" and setting up the locator regions. I have forgotten what I knew about that process.

The process that I am using, after installing SWS extensions, is: insert (Shift+M) and name marker (!1013), insert new track and arm, pre-roll, record at punch in.
My conundrum is consciously fighting the urge to actively listen to the pre-roll from track 1, while audibly matching the tone and delivery on track 2 when it punches in. For me, my I/O sources are too closely connected. :listeningmusic: I have to drop one of the headphones while monitoring.

Last edited:
Back