Problem: FX window popup is empty

CoolCat

My Reaper changed sometime ago and I don't know why or how?

When I select FX the window used to pop up and to the right all my FX/plugins /VSt showed up to choose from.

Now it pops up empty, then when I select ADD the FX list pops up, so I have two separate windows.

How do I combine the two windows as it was when I first bought Reaper?

thanks for any ideas to try!

Attachments

• reaper fx window.png
    reaper fx window.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 6
I tried to replicate your problem, so I clicked on the master track FX button, and the window that you got popped up, then maybe a second later, the FX chooser window opened, which is pretty m,uch as you describe.

I don't recall it ever being different, or if it was, I've become so accustomed to the way it does now that the past has been stripped from my memory.

However,when you install Reaper, you get a shortcut Reaper icon to load it. But you actually get five ways of starting it, one of which is to to start "Reaper (reset configuration to factory defaults)".

In Windows you find these under Programs, in the Reaper folder

Thanks for looking into it. As I was also searching around I noticed someones video had the same window setting working like mine and it was even mentioned.

Yes years ago when you clicked on the FX button the one-window popped up and the drop down list was on the left as it is but to the right , in the same popup the huge list of plugins were right there.

Its just more clicks and a change I dont prefer I guess, but I assumed I screwed something up.

Ill try the reset option.

I think mine has always opened to the window you see, but somehow recently I clicked on something and now, if there are not effects, it just pops up the VST list. Then when you click on one, it will pull up the FX in a floating window. If I close that window and it the FX button again, I get the normal window with the Add Remove buttons and the VST functions in the right side pane.

interesting.
Im kind of prone to clicking on things to "try something" and I kind of assumed I clicked on something.

What sometimes happens with me is that I go to use a keyboard shortcut to do something, but miscue and hit something other than what I intended. The that creates a change in whatever I'm using, and I've no idea what I did, nor how to get back again.

I found one setting that at least automatically pulls up the list " IF" the plugin list is empty. Once a plug in is selected it takes another click.

Its like its 50% there...or now Im starting to wonder if it ever was the way I recall it?

But its better, imo, now because I see the full list quicker. Still it seems like the "dialog" window holding all the VST and JS and plugins used to be in the same pop-up window with ADD/DELETE window? maybe Im losing memory cells?

Attachments

• reaper fx box.png
    reaper fx box.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 3
Back