Is it possible to force a file to open on mac and window?

gongli

Just wondering if I can make a Reaper file open on mac and window operating system?

Thanks in advance...

I'm not sure what you mean by "force" a file to open.

By default, the .RPP file should be associated with the Reaper application. If you click on that file, it should open Reaper and load the project.

What I want to do is to use 2 different computers on the same .RRP file (record it on window computer, and mix on mac one) - are .RPP files compatible with mac and window computers?

Have you got the two computers at hand?

Install Reaper on both (each will need a different install).

Record a test track in reaper on the windows machine. Drop the .rpp file and Wav onto a USB stick, then load that into the mac and see what happens.

The .RPP file and all the stock plugins should be compatible between the Mac OS and the Win versions. I have read of some occasional issues with third party plugins, but if you stay with the Reaper files, everything should move seamlessly to/from Mac to PC.

Yeah .rpp and .wav are cross-platform. It used to be that Mac’s file system was different from windows so that a disc written on the Mac could not be read on the windows machine (and vice versa). I’m not sure that’s even true anymore, but as long as you can get the files back and forth one way or another, it’ll work fine.

Just in general any third party plugins used will have to be installed on both machines, and I guess there are some plugins that are platform specific. But I mean that’s only really necessary if you’re actually using the plugins on both machines. You don’t necessarily need or want all of the plugins you’ll use for mixing in the tracking project anyway, so it might not even matter.

Back