Plug-In Errors?

OnlyGrace

Hey all, I recently exported all tracks from my old software to mp3's to put on Reaper. It was fine at first, but now I'm getting this strange error that says "There were 18 media items in the project file that were a type that requires a plug-in to support them(the instance that saved the project file had the plug-in)
Can anyone help?? :confused:

I might be missing something here(like a brain) but, do you mean that you wanted to mix your track on reaper and so you exported it from your old DAW(music program) as MP3 format?
If so...didn't you consider exporting the music in .wav format instead ?

Mart.

Mart makes a valid point.

Firstly, it looks like you've lost your MP3 DLL somewhere.

But . . . I'm not sure why you would want to mix MP3s. Nor why you would need to export the files as MP3s in the first place.

You can load the waves directly into Reaper. You have to know, of course, tempo and the positions of files . . . but you would have to do this with MP3s as well (unless they all start from 0).

What they're yelling about is that when you export from Application A to go to Reaper,
saving them as mp3s throws away 80% or more of the information in the track.

You are SERIOUSLY degrading the quality when you do that.

If you are export tracks to bring into another sequencer, you should be saving them as UNCOMPRESSED wav files.....

Back