Playback stop at end of song

spantini

COO of me, inc.
I'm about 80% into my current song project and started trimming the loose ends on all the tracks. Now I know how long the song is and I Rewind and hit Play... (dum dee dum dee dumm..) Hey! What..!? .. the cursor didn't stop at the end of the song!

That cursor is supposed to stop at the end of the longest track. Whahappen? :cursing:

Well.. turns out.. the active tracks were all visible as I watched playback after playback, scratching my head. Then it dawned on me.. the Headphone track! This has an infinite track length and prevents the playback stop at end of song. This track is Track 1 and I had it scrolled all the way up out of sight. I removed it and Wham! The song stopped at end of song. Duhh :drunk::p

I set up a Headphone Track to get headphone monitor mixes through Reaper instead of the interface when tracking. Whomever is recording can get their own mix which solves the "more me" problem. The main mixer is unaffected by these settings so when you're tracking a lead guitar over playback of drums, bass, vocal, etc., you can crank it up as loud as you want - or soft. Gives just the right mix while tracking.

But why does the headphone track have any items on it at all? Is it also a click/metronome track?

There's really nothing on it - no items - just a grayed out track. It just receives sends from the other tracks and provides mini monitor mixers for each.

That shouldn’t be enough to keep the transport moving. It should play to the end of the last item in the project and the stop no matter how many busses there are.

Absolutely. It was an anomaly. So far this morning, I left the Headphone Track in and Playback stops at the end of last item - as it should. Got me..:wtf:

Back