PCM... Floating PCM???

Rokket

Trailing Behind Again
I tried to import a .wav file into a song, and it showed up as offline. When I right clicked on the properties tab, it said "This wave file is not PCM or floating PCM"...

Whatdafuck is that? Is there a codec or plugin I need in reaper to use these files? It's a bunch of sound effects and movie quotes that I like to put in my songs from time to time, and I don't want to delete them and find something else that fits. Take too much time, which I don't have.

Wrong forum? :confused:

Think I'll try the 'puter forum and see if someone there can help my dumb ass.

Weird, reaper will import a LOT of types of sound files

Come to reaper chat if you can, I'd like to get to the bottom of this

Weird, reaper will import a LOT of types of sound files

Come to reaper chat if you can, I'd like to get to the bottom of this

I asked this in the computer forum. I was told it was an old file encoded mp3 even though it has a .wav extension. I have a converter. I'll convert them to .wav so I can use them.

Update: the converter worked! I will have to convert about 400 files now, but at least I found a solution.

If they truely are mp3's then just change the extension to mp3, reaper will handle mp3's right besides 16 bit wavs or 24 bit wavs, in the same mix. Well its worth a try before you convert all those files when it just may be a extension issue.

If they truely are mp3's then just change the extension to mp3, reaper will handle mp3's right besides 16 bit wavs or 24 bit wavs, in the same mix. Well its worth a try before you convert all those files when it just may be a extension issue.

I'll give that some thought. I am not really concerned with mp3 artifacts because most of the files are sound bites from movies and stuff that I downloaded from freestuff.com...

And I don't know how to change the extension...:o

I'll give that some thought. I am not really concerned with mp3 artifacts because most of the files are sound bites from movies and stuff that I downloaded from freestuff.com...

And I don't know how to change the extension...:o
A lot of those soundbites are recorded with a really low samplerate. Like 22k or 16k or worse. That could be whay they won't load.

Changing an extention is easy. Just rename the file from "filename.wav" to "filename.mp3" It's that easy.

Back