Is this normal?

spantini

COO of me, inc.
I've had this on the Cockos Forum for a couple days now and no one's responded yet.

Is this normal behavior?

In Reaper I have MT Power Drum Kit 2 on several tracks. While listening to playback, I hit pause so I can audition some MT grooves in order to drag one onto one of the tracks at the paused point. Clicking a groove in MT's groove screen starts it playing but it's inaudible. So I go to the kit section and tap a few drums.. also inaudible. Visually, they both appear to play - the grooves' Play button highlights, and the drum pieces in the kit highlight when hit.

Now if instead of pausing playback I stop playback and audition grooves or tap pieces in the kit, everything is audible - no problems.

It's probably to do with window focus while you're 'paused' it thinks there's more to come but when you 'stop' it knows you're finished?, not sure I explained it well but I think that's it?. :o

It's normal. Same thing with EZ Drummer - if you 'pause' you can't hear anything. Hit 'stop' and you can.

Ah.. OK. That's good to know. Thanks :)

I like Pause because it pauses on the spot without returning to the play cursor start position. Stop jumps back to the start. I'm guessing Reaper has an adjustment for this in preferrences - I'm off to find it.

That...I...why?!? I guess I’ve never used pause, but this might explain part of an issue a friend of mine was having.

Someone over at Cockos chimed in with a solution : Record Enable

As usual, the most obvious and logical..:drunk:

?? What's/where's 'record enable'??

Not in MT.. Record Enable the Reaper track MT is on.

Oh.. another Cockos reply added that if you have the item's MIDI editor (piano roll) open, this problem does not occur in the first place.

Back