need help installing Tascam CVPiano in Reaper 4.57 (Win 7)

allegro1650

I've got the files in one big zip folder. I tried to install once, but it tried to load stuff on to my D: drive, which my computer uses for restore points and recovery. No dice there.

Yes, it's a little old, but it's the best piano VST I've heard so far. Not to mention, I got it for free...

Hi allegro1650
You'll have to give a bit more info than that I'm afraid,
screenshots are also VERY useful, & you need to try more than once I think!
OR give your address & I'll pop over:D

You want to install it in your VSTPlugins folder. But you can actually put it in any place, just point Reaper to it, use Options. Preferences > Plugins > VST to choose the path.

OK, more info:
Win 7 Home Premium (64-bit SP1), HP desktop with AMD dual-core
Reaper v4.57 (32-bit)

I tried to install as a VSTi, using the plugins folder (Steinberg). The setup utility attempted to install the sample library to my recovery drive (D: ), which is where my computer compresses data for restoration (including restore points).

No screenshots, because CVPiano couldn't access the sample files, and kept crashing Reaper. I deleted the files, and held on to the zip file so I could start over from scratch.

I tried to install as a VSTi, using the plugins folder (Steinberg). The setup utility attempted to install the sample library to my recovery drive (D: ), which is where my computer compresses data for restoration (including restore points).

Is the option to choose WHERE it goes not available?
for samples & such I made a new folder & that's where I put all my things like that!
& then include that in the reaper search path for vst scan!
hope this works? :)

The program won't let me select where to install the .gvi/.gx99 files (samples and IR); the install defaults to my D: partition. I can put the .dll's anywhere, but without the sample and IR files it's a wash.

The program should give you a target folder to install. Everyone I have seen allows you to choose the install folder. When it first launches (the VSTi install), it might be say change install options or something like that, but I am 99% sure it will give you the option to change. Just don't choose default. When you get the option, then you can navigate to the Reaper Plugin folder. Or, you can always find where it installed to, point Reaper to that folder, and move those Plugins to the a folder.

I had similar issues with some programs deciding where they felt like installing themselves and not giving me the option to choose. A lot of VSTis are just a single file but I don't think this is one of those...

Anyway, I did some googling and found a registry adjustment (from memory) that overrode the install wizard's decisions... can't remember where or what it was alas, but if you dig via Google you'll find the answer. It's not specifically a music problem so the geeks of the world will have worked it out for you somewhere else...

Actually I just had a look... Google "windows 7 change default install location" - you might have to change it back afterwards is all....

Jiff41, the location of the zip folder isn't the issue. I've had zip files install into my program file folder from my desktop, from my Downloads folder and from my thumb drive without any hassles.

Thanks for the helpful hints, everybody. I'm working on some material right now, and I found Piano One (not as good, but it will serve until I get the kinks ironed out of CVPiano). I'll shelve this for the moment.

hi jiff 41
I am Soumen Das from India.I tried to download and intall vst CV Piano but i failed.please help me to give the woorking link of VST CV PIANO and installation guide at soumendas.tr@gmail.com
Thanks

Hi soumentr
I don't use the plug myself but this link seems to work http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...vpdP47clFXvo0bYahBIEX7Q&bvm=bv.58187178,d.ZG4
there are a few problems with the plug about Windows XPsp2 but there is posts around to help!

here's a post I found to help hopefully, http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDUQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Faudiojungle.net%2Fforums%2Fthread%2Fcv-piano-by-tascam-free-%2F20325&ei=pNXDUuGxM4WChQf4wICYCg&usg=AFQjCNH6MSk927boVbUqnLnrl33-bqEQ5w&bvm=bv.58187178,d.ZG4&cad=rja
it's got a downloader as well so?:)

Last edited:
hi jiff 41
I am Soumen Das from India.I tried to download and intall vst CV Piano but i failed.please help me to give the woorking link of VST CV PIANO installation guide at soumendas.tr@gmail.com
Thanks
The Google link that jiff 41 dug up goes to this page... CVPiano - download free vst instrument. This is where I got the zip file. It's a leftover from the Tascam Gigastudio platform, which would have been a contender if they let it live.

Back