Need Help Installing GForce M-Tron VST Plugin Into Reaper

Jmoog

I'm trying to install the M-Tron VST plugin into Reaper and I can't get Reaper to recognize it when I search for it. When I go to the VST plugin menu (Options - Preferences - Plugins - VST) I can see what I believe is the correct file path to the M-Tron plugin folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\GForce;C:\Program Files (x86)\GForce\M-Tron\M-Tron). Yet when I try to use the M-Tron plugin in Reaper I can't locate it. I select "insert virtual instrument" and the M-Tron doesn't show up at all. Is there something that I am not doing correctly? I've successfully used the M-Tron VST plugin in Reaper in the past but I can't remember how I did it. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

I'm trying to install the M-Tron VST plugin into Reaper and I can't get Reaper to recognize it when I search for it. When I go to the VST plugin menu (Options - Preferences - Plugins - VST) I can see what I believe is the correct file path to the M-Tron plugin folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\GForce;C:\Program Files (x86)\GForce\M-Tron\M-Tron). Yet when I try to use the M-Tron plugin in Reaper I can't locate it. I select "insert virtual instrument" and the M-Tron doesn't show up at all. Is there something that I am not doing correctly? I've successfully used the M-Tron VST plugin in Reaper in the past but I can't remember how I did it. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Well, you have a separator in the path file, so that is showing two folder paths. I would think it would just be one (the last one). You could try to do an auto scan see if it picks it up.

Ok I've separated the file paths and tried entering both different file paths individually (C:\Program Files (x86)\GForce and C:\Program Files (x86)\GForce\M-Tron\M-Tron). Neither entry solved the problem. Reaper still won't recognize the M-Tron VST plugin. I also tried the Auto scan setting and that didn't work either. I'm not sure what the problem is. When I used the M-Tron plugin in the past with Reaper it was so easy to integrate and use. I even tried importing the M-Tron file directly into the "plugin" section of my Reaper file directory. I did notice that on my C drive the Reaper folder is under "Program Files" while the M-Tron folder is under "Program Files (x86). Could there be a compatibility issue?

Ok I've separated the file paths and tried entering both different file paths individually (C:\Program Files (x86)\GForce and C:\Program Files (x86)\GForce\M-Tron\M-Tron). Neither entry solved the problem. Reaper still won't recognize the M-Tron VST plugin. I also tried the Auto scan setting and that didn't work either. I'm not sure what the problem is. When I used the M-Tron plugin in the past with Reaper it was so easy to integrate and use. I even tried importing the M-Tron file directly into the "plugin" section of my Reaper file directory. I did notice that on my C drive the Reaper folder is under "Program Files" while the M-Tron folder is under "Program Files (x86). Could there be a compatibility issue?
Reaper does support both 32 and 64 bit plug ins. I would also check the plug in site. From what I have read, it should work. My understanding it also works stand alone, have you tried that?

Reaper does support both 32 and 64 bit plug ins. I would also check the plug in site. From what I have read, it should work. My understanding it also works stand alone, have you tried that?

Yes it does work as a standalone application but in the past I've also been able to use it within Reaper. I'm not sure what the difference is now and why Reaper will not recognize the plugin.

Yes it does work as a standalone application but in the past I've also been able to use it within Reaper. I'm not sure what the difference is now and why Reaper will not recognize the plugin.

It should work as a VSTi, check the directory and see if the actual plug in is there. Should be a dll file.

It should work as a VSTi, check the directory and see if the actual plug in is there. Should be a dll file.

There is a file called Mtron.dll in the Gforce folder. I have tried copying this Mtron.dll file and pasting it directly into the Reaper "Plugins" folder and Reaper still will not recognize the M-tron Plugin. I have also tried pasting it in the Reaper "FX" folder as well with the same results. I'm at a loss here. Is there anyway that I can use the M-Tron Plugin in "Standalone" form and still have it record in Reaper?

There is a file called Mtron.dll in the Gforce folder. I have tried copying this Mtron.dll file and pasting it directly into the Reaper "Plugins" folder and Reaper still will not recognize the M-tron Plugin. I have also tried pasting it in the Reaper "FX" folder as well with the same results. I'm at a loss here. Is there anyway that I can use the M-Tron Plugin in "Standalone" form and still have it record in Reaper?
Reaper Rewire, see if you can bring that up and it allow for the sound to come from your Mtron to a Reaper track. You may have to have Mtron running so Reaper can recognize it.

Is Reaper looking in the Reaper "Plugins" folder for plug ins?

You should screen shot a few of your file paths and dialogue boxes here and it might be easier to work out for you. The only time I've ever had Reaper fail to find a VST is when I didn't tell it where to look.... :thumbs up:

Back