MIDI Editor doesn't open

MikeMendes

Hey guys!

I'm having a problem opening the MIDI Editor, it doesn't open anymore if i double-click a MIDI track nor via "Item > Open in MIDI editor" (it simply doesn't do a thing. I've also tried...

I've tried it all, right-clicking, trying to open in other option...and also tried "Cascade all floating windows" and it still doesn't appear. When I double-click the MIDI track, it opens a window called "Media item properties. untitled MIDI item". That should be opening in another way, but there seems to be no way to open the editor :(

Any more suggestions?

I've tried it all, right-clicking, trying to open in other option...and also tried "Cascade all floating windows" and it still doesn't appear. When I double-click the MIDI track, it opens a window called "Media item properties. untitled MIDI item". That should be opening in another way, but there seems to be no way to open the editor :(

Any more suggestions?

So you klick on >INSERT> insert NEW MIDI ITEM, & when you double klick on THAT NEW MIDI ITEM in the track nothing happens?

What about if you press "E" instead of double klicking which should open the inline editor? :confused:

Last edited:
I would imagine that the screen is opening but is dragged somewhere 'off screen'. I have done this before with the Mixer Panel.

Click the midi editor and then try pressing Alt+Space, then press M and your cursor should change to a X. Use the Arrow keys from there to move the page. Try Up first, the Left. If the page is 'off-screen' it will slowly start to appear and you'll be able to grab it and put it back to it's original position.

If not, do you have some other program set as the midi editor? Maybe, check the settings?

I have no other idea why it isn't showing up.

Thank you guys for your answers ;)

I really don't know what happened, I tried literally everything, so I ended up reinstalling the program. Now it's all OK ;)

Back