Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Lost track and deleting using time selection

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    1

    Lost track and deleting using time selection

    Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi

    So, just noticed that I have managed to delete the bass track on a song I'm working on...I don't know when or how but was probably a couple of sessions ago. Theres no point hitting undo as I've been doing loads of envelope volume automation which I don't want to lose. Is there any other way to retrieve?

    Secondly, I've removed all media from the count in ( drum machine) however the song needs to come in a few milliseconds before the first beat. When I try to select a period it will only let me select whole beats. How do I adjust so I can make time exact selection and not be restricted by beats and whole seconds!

    Thanks
    Mark

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Derby City
    Posts
    399
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 63 Times in 59 Posts
    Rep Power
    73718
    Did you check to see if the wav file was still in the directory? Just because you remove it from the project, the original recorded wav file should still be in the project folder provided you saved it in the first place. If so, just drag it back into a new track and work from there.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    WALES, UK
    Age
    69
    Posts
    496
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts
    Rep Power
    5254892
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmac74 View Post
    Hi


    When I try to select a period it will only let me select whole beats. How do I adjust so I can make time exact selection and not be restricted by beats and whole seconds!

    Thanks
    Mark
    Have you got snapping turned on (The magnet icon on the toolbar)?

    As well for the first point have you set auto backups? that'll be where the original bass track will be!.
    I started out with nothing, & I've still got most of it left seasick steve

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TalismanRich View Post
    Did you check to see if the wav file was still in the directory? Just because you remove it from the project, the original recorded wav file should still be in the project folder provided you saved it in the first place. If so, just drag it back into a new track and work from there.
    Awesome...its there! Thanks...I note there appear to be two types of wav file for each recording. One is a very small reaper peaks file at 56kb. I assume I use the 30mb wav file?

    Mark

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Derby City
    Posts
    399
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 63 Times in 59 Posts
    Rep Power
    73718
    The .wav file is audio. the smaller file is ReaPeaks, which is actually the "picture" of the audio file that Reaper uses to show you the wav. If you import a new wave file into a project, you will notice that it takes a few seconds before the visual waveform shows up on the track. That's reaper building the ReaPeaks file.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jiff 41 View Post
    Have you got snapping turned on (The magnet icon on the toolbar)?

    As well for the first point have you set auto backups? that'll be where the original bass track will be!.
    That's done it 👍👍

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TalismanRich View Post
    The .wav file is audio. the smaller file is ReaPeaks, which is actually the "picture" of the audio file that Reaper uses to show you the wav. If you import a new wave file into a project, you will notice that it takes a few seconds before the visual waveform shows up on the track. That's reaper building the ReaPeaks file.
    Perfect..thanks 👍👍

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 488 MKii help deleting a track on the mix.
    By Orion61 in forum Analog Recording & Mixing - Tape & Gear
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-10-2016, 07:09
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 18:47
  3. Cubase 5 mapping track selection
    By adidasjeans in forum Steinberg / Cubase User Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 23:34
  4. Deleting tracks/time on mr8
    By pjh6467 in forum Fostex Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-24-2003, 17:19
  5. SONAR crash when deleting cloned track
    By crosstudio in forum Cakewalk / Sonar Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2001, 20:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •