Lost track and deleting using time selection

mcmac74

Hi

So, just noticed that I have managed to delete the bass track on a song I'm working on...I don't know when or how but was probably a couple of sessions ago. Theres no point hitting undo as I've been doing loads of envelope volume automation which I don't want to lose. Is there any other way to retrieve?

Secondly, I've removed all media from the count in ( drum machine) however the song needs to come in a few milliseconds before the first beat. When I try to select a period it will only let me select whole beats. How do I adjust so I can make time exact selection and not be restricted by beats and whole seconds!

Thanks
Mark

Did you check to see if the wav file was still in the directory? Just because you remove it from the project, the original recorded wav file should still be in the project folder provided you saved it in the first place. If so, just drag it back into a new track and work from there.

Hi

When I try to select a period it will only let me select whole beats. How do I adjust so I can make time exact selection and not be restricted by beats and whole seconds!

Thanks
Mark

Have you got snapping turned on (The magnet icon on the toolbar)?;)

As well for the first point have you set auto backups? that'll be where the original bass track will be!.

Did you check to see if the wav file was still in the directory? Just because you remove it from the project, the original recorded wav file should still be in the project folder provided you saved it in the first place. If so, just drag it back into a new track and work from there.

Awesome...its there! Thanks...I note there appear to be two types of wav file for each recording. One is a very small reaper peaks file at 56kb. I assume I use the 30mb wav file?

Mark

The .wav file is audio. the smaller file is ReaPeaks, which is actually the "picture" of the audio file that Reaper uses to show you the wav. If you import a new wave file into a project, you will notice that it takes a few seconds before the visual waveform shows up on the track. That's reaper building the ReaPeaks file.

The .wav file is audio. the smaller file is ReaPeaks, which is actually the "picture" of the audio file that Reaper uses to show you the wav. If you import a new wave file into a project, you will notice that it takes a few seconds before the visual waveform shows up on the track. That's reaper building the ReaPeaks file.

Perfect..thanks ??

Back