locking tracks for editing

witzendoz

Hi All,

What I am trying to figure out is is you can lock 2 or 3 tracks together so if you edit one of the tracks it edits the locked tracks. For example, the bass is recorded on 3 tracks, microphone, DI and a track via analog compression. If I want to edit a bad note I have to keep selecting the 3 tracks, if I could just click on 1 and all 3 are selected and the edit applies the same on all 3 tracks that would be a joy. It also would eliminate mistakes.

Cheers
Alan

What jiff says.

Select all three tracks, hit 'G' which will group them. You can then edit all three at once.

I've done this with drum tracks when I have kick, snare, overheads and the rest, and i need to either swap bits around or adjust timing or other stuff.

Last edited:
Ok I’ve grouped but what I was trying to go was cut paste and move by selecting only on track in the group and have it apply to all tracks in the group?

rightio . . . I've just gone into Reaper to remind myself what I actually do.

When you use G over a number of tracks, you get to use some functions over the tracks as a group, for example, splitting, stretching, dragging beginnings and ends and so on. To cut and paste areas I need to have selected all tracks required, then Ctrl Left click to drag them to a new place (or Ctrl C and Ctrl V).

If this is a bit too messy, then you select an area of interest, create a region, then put that region wherever you want.

That’s what I found, not quite what I wanted but a lot better then the way I had been doing it.

Cheers
Alan

Back