Limited patience...and time.

cellardweller

Ntrack has recently decided to make my life hell, so I decided to give reaper a shot. I downloaded it to this computer, played with it a bit, then burned it to a cd and threw it on my recording 'puter.

I can't even get it to play a .wav/.mp3?:confused:
I had no troubles doing so on THIS computer...but I can't get it to do ANYTHING on the other...

WTF???

Once again, I was able to play mp3's and wav files on THIS computer, but when I put it on the other, the play button illuminates green, but the time line does not move, and nothing plays......:confused:

Nope, but neither did I specify a soundcard in the first instance (on the first computer when it worked okay)....:confused:

I'm going to update my 1010lt driver in a minute and I'll check that then...not easy to get downstairs today with the kids out of school....

1010lt should be fine, make sure you pick its asio drivers in the reaper preferences and it shouldnt be any issue

I've had this problem when using another audio app (like Reason or some sort of media player) and I had to close those apps first.

I closed apps...I even rebooted, finally I did a system restore (first time I think...) and it appears to be back to normal. I only had a couple minutes to play with it today and now I'm back out the door again....

I haven't had this happen again (yet).

Is it possible some kind of conflict between N and Windoze media molester caused this, and the SysRestore fixed it?

Back