Item colors....

R

RAMI

Hey, can someone do me a favor and check something, if you have the latest version of REAPER.

I used to be able to right click on an item and choose "random color", "custom color", or "default color". Now, nothing happens. I sometimes like to change the color of certain items so that I know which ones are temporary or whatever.

You have to right click on the item itself, and then select "Item and take colors".

Anyway, it's not working for me any more, no matter which theme I'm using.

You overloaded the system with the awesomeness of your music, so it's not working anymore. In short, you're fucked.

I just loaded Reaper 5.18, and opened a project.

I right-clicked on a take of audio, and got a whole bunch of options. The seventh item is "Item and take colors", and if you open this, there are a heap more options.

Edit: I just saw you figured this, sorry.

Edit again: Now I'm not sure about 'nothing happens'. I right click, select "item and take colors", then choose a random colour and it works. Are you saying this isn't happening for you?

Edit again: Now I'm not sure about 'nothing happens'. I right click, select "item and take colors", then choose a random colour and it works. Are you saying this isn't happening for you?
Yes, it always worked for me. All of a sudden, it's not working. I'm pretty sure I've even seen it working since my last update, so I don't think it's REAPER's fault. I'm sure I'm over-looking a simple thing.

OH!!!!!

I think I know!. I have to go somewhere and find the option for something like "Item color"....and set it to something other than "Track color". I remember changing that for some reason. I'm sure that's the problem. I'll check it out.

Yup. Fixed it.

Preferences>Peaks/Waveforms...Then I clicked "Track color" and "Item color". I didn't have "Item color" checked. So, it was staying on "track color" no matter what I tried to do it.

Back