Importing songs loaded on iTunes to Reaper?

mrwillsi3

I ripped some of my songs off of CD and imported them to iTunes, now i want to take those songs on iTunes and put them into reaper to do some light mastering work...any suggestions? When i try to drag the song into reaper it says "could not import"....im a total noobie with reaper...got a MBP and my PT's V8 won't load on this OS :-\...appreciate the help.

Why add the itune step?

Why not rip straight into Reaper?

Insert CD in to computer.

Load up Reaper.

Go to "Insert media", and grab them straight from the CD

Why add the itune step?

Why not rip straight into Reaper?

Insert CD in to computer.

Load up Reaper.

Go to "Insert media", and grab them straight from the CD

Cause I already loaded them before i got reaper lol, so i'd have to go back and pull up each CD again...guess i could but, if i could just pop them out of iTunes into reaper, it would save me some time.

iTunes is a program that creates a library, that's all. Your tunes aren't loaded "on" iTunes, they're just in the library on your hard drive that iTunes created, from where iTunes accesses them. Any program can do exactly the same thing if you know where they are. I'm assuming you've not told iTunes to do anything different and just used defaults.

If you're in Windoze then the library is in a subdirectory of the "Music" library - shocking, I know. You'll find it and work it out, I'm sure.

Don't know where it is on Mac.

If you can't find your tune that way, just search your hard drive for it, and then, now knowing where it is, simply import it into Reaper.

But you're going to master a (I assume) track that you've ripped off a CD? What format have you ripped it as? WAV, I hope.

But you're going to master a (I assume) track that you've ripped off a CD? What format have you ripped it as? WAV, I hope.

This is what worries me. If they were ripped as MP3s, the OP is putting himself at a disadvantage straight away through having to deal with, most likely, less-than-ideal quality.

Going back to the originals may seem like hard work, but at least you are not compromising the quality.

iTunes will most likely have compressed the audio (I think it uses AAC files by default). You will get much better results working from the full quality files straight from the CD.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work because it is in mp3 because all itunes stuff is in that kind of format. Not greatly knowledgeable on the subject but if you import it in wav format then it should work

iTunes is a program that creates a library, that's all. Your tunes aren't loaded "on" iTunes, they're just in the library on your hard drive that iTunes created, from where iTunes accesses them. Any program can do exactly the same thing if you know where they are. I'm assuming you've not told iTunes to do anything different and just used defaults.

THIS.

Itunes only organizes, it does not 'store' the audio file.

Click on File>Get Info and a box with pop up with all the song info, with where it's at on your drives at the bottom

But once you load your songs into your iPod, you can delete your computer files. Then you're screwed, because the files in your iPod are not in a format that you can then copy over to Reaper. And as my wife found out, you can't move them to a new iPod, either!

Not true. You can use a program called "Senuti" (iTunes spelled backwards, get it?).

It opens your iPod or iPhone as a regular hard drive and then you can move the files back.

(I had to get it to take files off my wife's iPhone after her laptop croaked. She got all her music and movies back.)

Well worth the money.

Back