How to gradually slow midi in Reaper ?

lasagne

I fancy Fancy
Hi

I'm sure there is a way to do this but I can't remember how. I want to gradually slow midi tracks over a period of 4 bars, then switch back to the normal tempo. Can someone please tell me how to do it ?

Thanks

I don't know, just checking in because I'm curious too. I could do it in a number of steps... say beat by beat, but that's not quite a gradual thing, is it...

Are you changing the tempo of the whole song in that section or just the MIDI ? If it's the whole song, use the bpm to set the start and finish of the slow-down part, then there is a place to select that it gradually changes from one marker to the next). (not at home to look at reaper right now)

Set the starting tempo for the song as you normally would.

Place the cursor at the point where you want the tempo to start slowing.

Hit Shift C. This brings up a dialog box in which you can select a new tempo (and a new time signature if you want).

Enter a new BPM.

You can repeat this for each of the four bars where you want the tempo to slow, or you can do the first and last, and check a box that asks if you want to 'gradually slow tempo to next mark' (or something like that.

Finally, where you want normal tempo to resume, do the same, but just enter the starting tempo.

Set the starting tempo for the song as you normally would.

Place the cursor at the point where you want the tempo to start slowing.

Hit Shift C. This brings up a dialog box in which you can select a new tempo (and a new time signature if you want).

Enter a new BPM.

You can repeat this for each of the four bars where you want the tempo to slow, or you can do the first and last, and check a box that asks if you want to 'gradually slow tempo to next mark' (or something like that.

Finally, where you want normal tempo to resume, do the same, but just enter the starting tempo.

Assuming the OP wants to slow down the whole song tempo, not just the MIDI, of course. ;)

Yep that's exactly what I want to do. Thanks guys. Rep for you gekko when I'm not posting on my phone

Back