How do you change the tempo of a track? Or is that even possible.

JerryD

I have some drum samples playing in track 1 but they are slightly too slow for the song. Is it possible to change the tempo of one track to match the speed of the song or will i need to use something like Acid Pro to change the tempo of the drums?

You can either alt+drag an edge of the item to stretch it to match the tempo or hit alt+enter and change from "time" to "beats"

I'm not at my computer right now, so I don't remember exactly what that setting is called, but I know it's a dropdown box.

Lol.

File > Project Settings > Project Settings > Timebase for items/envelopes/markers > beats(position/length/rate)

Then you can enter the tempo you want into the docker and the song will speed up or slow down to that tempo.....if it's recorded to a click.

Then...and I ask this totally out of curiosity, not with any aggression......why are you in the REAPER forum???

Apologies, I'm fairly new to this site and just saw this under "new posts",
without realising what forum it was in. :confused:

You could also, if the problem is the drum track is in a slightly different tempo than your other tracks, try right clicking on it and selecting something like "track properties" (I forget, not in front of my recording computer), and there's a few settings you can play with to adjust the temp. I believe you can set the percentage of original speed you want it to play back at - I've had problems in the past where I open a drum loop to start tracking, then adjust the tempo of the project to the tempo of the loop, and Reaper will adjust the loop tempo to the same ratio between the default tempo and the loop tempo as the "new" tempo. Simply going in and adjusting it from like .85621 or whatever to 1.0000 fixes this.

Lol.

File > Project Settings > Project Settings > Timebase for items/envelopes/markers > beats(position/length/rate)

Then you can enter the tempo you want into the docker and the song will speed up or slow down to that tempo.....if it's recorded to a click.

Thank you!

Back