Help - Midi input opening problem

Jmoog

I haven't used my laptop with Reaper installed in awhile and I'm trying to get it updated and ready to record with again. I am using a DigiTech RP500 as an audio interface connected to the laptop with the USB.

When I open Reaper I get an "error opening devices" message saying that a couple of my Midi inputs cannot be opened. These are midi inputs 0 and 1 as far as I can tell. When I look in the "Midi hardware settings" menu I see "!!! N/A: Enabled" under Mode for these midi inputs. Reaper shows connection with the RP500.

How do I open these two Midi devices? Thank you to anyone who can help.

Last edited:
When you're in the Midi hardware settings try right clicking on the item, info for Reaper always says "Right click everything" :)

Hope it helps!.

The only time I get that "Error opening devices" notice is when I've forgotten to turn on my interface BEFORE firing-up REAPER.

Every now and again I experience that.

There are a variety of ways of dealing with it.

1 Try rebooting.
2 Try reinserting the USB cable
3 Try switching the RP500 off and on.

For a while one of my keyboards would power up ok via USB, but Reaper would say N/A. It turned out to be a dodgy USB cable, and the problem wnet away when I changed it.

Go into the Preferences menu, then to the MIDI device menu and you should see the RP500 - click on it, save the preference settings, then it should be all set.

Back