Grid lines

mcmac74

Whilst inserting some empty space at the start of a track I forgot that I'd turned off the snap tool. This means the section inserted was not regular in beat with rest of the song so its making copy paste from verses etc difficult. Is there a way I can get the grid lines back in sync with song...i had split the song into regions which makes it easy to see where the grid lines should be.

Cheers, Mark

Depending on how you inserted the empty space..

One way... Try enabling the Snap Tool, then left-click the song section and drag it right one measure. Now drag the end of the blank section (the end which is not aligned to the grid) until it snaps to the grid. That should dispose of the offset. Now you can adjust the blank section to the correct length and drag them both back together. Then either leave Snap enabled or not, as you please.

Depending on how you inserted the empty space..

One way... Try enabling the Snap Tool, then left-click the song section and drag it right one measure. Now drag the end of the blank section (the end which is not aligned to the grid) until it snaps to the grid. That should dispose of the offset. Now you can adjust the blank section to the correct length and drag them both back together. Then either leave Snap enabled or not, as you please.

Thanks Spantini....i tried to move the whole song right but couldn't figure out how. Selected the whole song with right click and then tried using the left click but it wouldn't budge more than one track I was hovering on. I ended up deleting some space by manually positioning cursor on the mid region and then turning snap tool on to get the second position. It was imperfect but did the trick for a fix when time pressed.

Mark

Back