Focusrite Scarlett 18i8/18i20 or PreSonus Studio 1810 with Reaper?

I watched the video with interest.

Many have criticized Reaper's interface as being boring or outdated or drab. That's actually what I like about it. In fact I prefer the Reaper 4 theme and still use it in preference to Reaper 5 or 6. That's because the look of it doesn't get in my way of understanding what the recording processes are doing.

That's exactly what I think! It's simple and to the point.

I guess you're right, Waterbound, I should try Studio One since it came in a package. I heard good things about it. At the same time I can do anything I need in Reaper. Unless it doesn't perform, there is really no reason for me to switch and go through some learning curve. What I like about Reaper that it's light on the system and very intuitive, as oppose to SO, that I heard is more power hungry and also less intuitive. Am I right? But still, maybe I should try it and decide for myself...

I agree, it won’t hurt to try it out. I think every DAW has a learning curve and once you work with a few, you will probably think they are all similar in many ways. That video you linked points out a few of those aspects that are unique to S1’s workflow but what I loved about Reaper is the amount of customization possible, I mean you can dive deep into the rabbit hole and tweak everything you want to work just how you need it to. I have been using S1 Pro and with Presonus, that means spending extra to get everything they offer to make it worthwhile but oddly enough it’s the only DAW that gives me perfect latency performance (zero latency ) that I couldn’t achieve with the other DAWs. Their newest release added exchange for sharing send/return settings, macros and related. Also, it’s almost IMPERATIVE to purchase their software when on sale to get the best bargains.
Good luck!

I agree, it won’t hurt to try it out. I think every DAW has a learning curve and once you work with a few, you will probably think they are all similar in many ways. That video you linked points out a few of those aspects that are unique to S1’s workflow but what I loved about Reaper is the amount of customization possible, I mean you can dive deep into the rabbit hole and tweak everything you want to work just how you need it to. I have been using S1 Pro and with Presonus, that means spending extra to get everything they offer to make it worthwhile but oddly enough it’s the only DAW that gives me perfect latency performance (zero latency ) that I couldn’t achieve with the other DAWs. Their newest release added exchange for sharing send/return settings, macros and related. Also, it’s almost IMPERATIVE to purchase their software when on sale to get the best bargains.
Good luck!

Thank you! I have to say (maybe I'm getting old...)) after some learning lessons in S1, coming back to Reaper is like coming home. There are many things that I don't even think about. But I'll pursue.

Back