Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: feedback from reverb bus

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    What reverb plug in are you using? If you are using ReVerb, are you using an IR?
    Mike B My new album on CD Baby: Fact and Fiction
    My Bandcamp site: http://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

Thanks
    Thought number 1

Are you able to render and still hear that sound?

if so, try rendering to an MP3 and post a short relevant section.

Thought number 2

1 Select a (small) area of the song where the effect is noticeable.
    2 Right click on this and select "Crop project to selection"
    3 Then do 'save as', give it a new project name. Tick 'create subdirectory for project' and 'copy all media into project directory'
    4 Got file/clean current project directory and delete all the files there.

That will give you a directory with the short project with the relevant files in it, leaving your main project intact.

You can then pop tjat short project into a dropbox or google drive, and then I (or someone else) can download it and look at the tracks. That way we can figure out if something has gone astray. We won't necessarily have the same plugins, but we should be able to look at the routing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjbphotos View Post
    What reverb plug in are you using? If you are using ReVerb, are you using an IR?
    No, I use Dragonfly reverb vst.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko zzed View Post
    Thought number 1

Are you able to render and still hear that sound?

if so, try rendering to an MP3 and post a short relevant section.

Thought number 2

1 Select a (small) area of the song where the effect is noticeable.
    2 Right click on this and select "Crop project to selection"
    3 Then do 'save as', give it a new project name. Tick 'create subdirectory for project' and 'copy all media into project directory'
    4 Got file/clean current project directory and delete all the files there.

That will give you a directory with the short project with the relevant files in it, leaving your main project intact.

You can then pop tjat short project into a dropbox or google drive, and then I (or someone else) can download it and look at the tracks. That way we can figure out if something has gone astray. We won't necessarily have the same plugins, but we should be able to look at the routing.
    I will render next chance I get and have a listen. Thanks 👍

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko zzed View Post
    Note that in many cases this won’t actually make the project folder much smaller. In fact, Clean might not even find anything to delete. The Items have been cropped down, but they still reference the longer wave file. You could drag either edge of the item and see all the audio come back. If the point here is to make it smaller for upload/download purposes, you need to Glue all the items to themselves in between steps 3 and 4.

Edit - actually you can do it after step 2 and then do step 3 and then you don’t need step 4.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ashcat_lt View Post
    Note that in many cases this won’t actually make the project folder much smaller. In fact, Clean might not even find anything to delete. The Items have been cropped down, but they still reference the longer wave file. You could drag either edge of the item and see all the audio come back. If the point here is to make it smaller for upload/download purposes, you need to Glue all the items to themselves in between steps 3 and 4.

Edit - actually you can do it after step 2 and then do step 3 and then you don’t need step 4.
    Yes. I realised that after I posted it.

However, if his projects are anything like mine, I have huge amounts of unwanted takes - false starts, mistakes, alternate vesions and so on - lying around during the course of a project, this would at least reduce the number of wavs to a manageable quantity.

Thanks
    @gecko zzed - yeah we don’t know anything about the OP’s project, and I guess this thread isn’t really about that, but the only way to know that you’re only getting exactly the audio that is in the cropped project is to glue. Another thing to watch out for is like if you loop record a bunch of takes on top of each other, they actually are all part of one long continuous .wav, and even if you “Crop to active take”, its still referencing that long file which includes all the other takes, and you still have to glue if you want to save that space.

Thread Information