Exporting unfinished track

mcmac74

Hi

I'm a little way into my first test track using reaper. All going ok so far...drum track along with bass and a few guitars + effects. I was struggling to hear any Fx during recording but I think I missed a toggle on the arm button to sort the monitoring so will check that soon.

I'm now ready to add a few keyboard bits but I've not yet got my midi controller, less so figured how to use it. I'm not gonna be able to work on my pc for a few days now but wanted to have a go at doing some bits in the bandlab app on my phone. So my question is...I'd like to export a rough mix of all the tracks I've recorded so far rather than just a single track...how do I go about this?

Thanks
Mark

File/Render/

Give the file a name

Render as an MP3 will most be the most useful format to work with on your phone.

As others have said, File > Render is how you render your project as-is to a wav file.

But your question also seems like you might be wanting to export all of your individual tracks to stems that you can mix in bandcamp?
If that's the case, what you want to do is
1. select all the tracks (shift or ctrl + click them in the mixer)
2. Right click one of them
3. "Render tracks to mono|stereo stem tracks"
Now you have copies of all of the tracks with FX, etc applied; and your project will contain wavs of these new tracks.
From here you have a number of options for how to isolate those files to migrate to bandcamp. Personally, I would copy the tracks to a new project and then save it with the "move media to new project location" option checked.

As others have said, File > Render is how you render your project as-is to a wav file.

But your question also seems like you might be wanting to export all of your individual tracks to stems that you can mix in bandcamp?
If that's the case, what you want to do is
1. select all the tracks (shift or ctrl + click them in the mixer)
2. Right click one of them
3. "Render tracks to mono|stereo stem tracks"
Now you have copies of all of the tracks with FX, etc applied; and your project will contain wavs of these new tracks.
From here you have a number of options for how to isolate those files to migrate to bandcamp. Personally, I would copy the tracks to a new project and then save it with the "move media to new project location" option checked.

File/Render/

Give the file a name

Render as an MP3 will most be the most useful format to work with on your phone.

Interesting advice thank you..I'm not too fussed about opening stems in bandlab at the moment...more a case of having their midi instuments to experiment on the song until I purchase a controller.

.I initially rendered the track as a wav file. I was surprised to find that as well as the mix appearing, it also gave me each individual track as a wav file. Strangely, just one guitar track was missing and I'm not sure why. Getting the tracks individually was achieved just doing a basic render to wav. I then tried doing to MP3 and that gave me just the mix.

I also noticed that the files I have then imported into band lab are quite low in volume. It's not overly important at the moment as I'm just exploring reaper but i am just wondering how you go about getting optimal volume levels without clipping.

Cheers
Mark

Getting separate tracks as well as mixes is probably the result of you inadvertently selecting "Master mix plus stems" instead of just "Master Mix" (the dropdown box on the top left of the Render panel).

There are many ways of increasing the level of the tracks and/or the mix.

One is to select all tracks, right click on a track, go to "Item Properties", About halfway down the panel there is a 'Volume/Pan' label. Drag the slider to the right to increase the volume of the tracks.

Another more obvious one is simply to move the track faders up.

Back