Envelope for effect 'wetness'

mcmac74

Hi...I've set envelopes up for volume automation but now trying to set them up to make the reverb level higher on the vocal in the chorus. The effect is on a bus so I assume I set the envelope up on the vocal rather than the bus as the bus is handling two other vocal tracks on the same effect...getting a bit lost with which boxes to tick and where.

Cheers
Mark

I'm not sure there is a 'send' envelope. Set up a separate reverb bus for the lead vocal, and then the problem is moot. I usually do that anyway, preferring a plate reverb on the lead vocal and the same 'room' reverb on backing vocals as I use on the instruments (but separate bus)

There are a number of ways of doing this.

I usually set up a track on which I've inserted reverb.

I set up another track under which I group all the vocals, and on this track I setup a send to go to the reverb.

If I then want to vary the level of reverb on the vocals throughout the song, I add a volume envelope to the send to the reverb track and adjust accordingly.

If I want different reverb levels for lead vocals and other vocals, I put these into different groups, with each group having its own reverb send and envelope..

Hi...I've set envelopes up for volume automation but now trying to set them up to make the reverb level higher on the vocal in the chorus. The effect is on a bus so I assume I set the envelope up on the vocal rather than the bus as the bus is handling two other vocal tracks on the same effect...getting a bit lost with which boxes to tick and where.

Cheers
Mark

On the channel control in the mixer (vs. the channel control in the track display), click the trim button and click the box for the appropriate Send Volume.

Reaper track automation.pngSend automation switch.png

Back